Blessed Full Moon everyone!
In January, the nights are long and dark, and many of us are trying to stay warm under a blanket of snow as the Cold Moon approaches (in some cultures, the Cold Moon is the name given to December’s moon, instead). The native tribes of North America called this time the Wolf Moon, because this was when the wolves were howling, hungry, outside lodges where people stayed warm within. This time of year, we’re all feeling a bit slow and “off” as our bodies adjust to chillier temperatures.
- Colors: Black and white, silver
- Gemstones: Hematite
- Trees: Birch, Hazel
- Gods: Inanna, Freyja
- Herbs: Thistle, nuts and seeds, marjoram
- Element: Air
This is a good time to work on magic related to protection, both physical and spiritual. Use this time to develop your inner self, and advance spiritually, becoming closer to the higher aspects of your deities.Also Known As: Wolf Moon, Chaste Moon
- Listen to devotional music.
- Have a Pagan book by your bedside
- Keep a symbol that is important to you by your bed so that you can hold it
- Speak to the Great Ones, they’ll listen even if you’re not in front of your altar
I’m off to fantastic new age store this afternoon and so I’m going to go get some crystals for my anxiety, along with the other things I’ve already done I feel like I’m going to beat this.
But there you go, Blessed Full Moon.
7 days until Imbolc!